Two weeks use of ASUS F556UA. For the price, 550 range laptops, or lower, you really cannot go wrong with it. SSD instead of standard hard drive, i5 instead of i3 cpu, this is more than average processing power, 8 GB of RAM, full size keyboard with num pad, 1080p matte screen, decent build quality.
My daily computer use is checking email, working on my MS. Office, surfing Internet, and listening to music. Of course, what I am doing with my laptop can be different , but I think, to the most of laptop owners, it is comparable.
My Impressions of ASUS F556UA so far
The screen is a 15 inch 1080p full-HD display, it is clear and crisp so it is easy to read your screen, but the viewing angles are somewhat limited. It has a good brightness, and is a matte display which I really like. The screen is not the best, but for the price range, you cannot expect it to be perfect.
ASUS F556UA-AS54 is not a touchscreen laptop. This said, it may be a con for some people, but when I am using a computer, I use it without a touchscreen, otherwise, I would use my tablet.
The speakers are a bit weak, so it won’t get loud, if you listen to music daily, get a headphone or even external speakers.
The good thing about this ASUS F556UA is, out of the box you already have 8 GB of RAM and SSD, so you won’t need to swap or upgrade the system yourself to have above than average power. The combo between the 6th generation of Intel i5 processor and Solid State Drive are a good combination to handle most of your tasks.
I own this Dell Inspiron 15 i5558-5718SLV for a few weeks now, and I have not been disappointed . A new Dell touchscreen laptop with the newest OS, Windows 10, with decent specs, minimal bloatware for under 500 bucks, was the one I was searching for.
I paid a lot of attention , looked around yet have I found any laptops which come close aside from refurbished laptops with older CPUs.
If there was only one thing I could say about this Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241, I am going to say, I love it. Because it is a Windows 10 laptop, this said, Windows 10 is already installed. I am not really fan of Windows 8, but Windows 10 is better in my opinion.
The new Windows 10 is anything that are improved on the previous Windows, it is a big upgrade, appearance, and others. I am just happy that this laptop comes with Windows 10, especially the edge browser experience. Not that we will review the OS, and not the laptop.
I like Toshiba laptops, they are usually cool products. I sold my Chromebook, and purchased this Toshiba C55 model, though this one is heavier (laptops vs Chromebooks) but this laptop has better specs, as way better processor and came with more than enough 8 GB of memory. For all in one device, it is quite portable, and very capable. If you look around and compare to premium tablets, like from Apple, this has more affordable price, yet it comes with huge 1 TB storage, a DVD drive, full computer processor, and a SD card slot.
Toshiba Satellite C55 C5241 Specs
2.2GHz 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U
8GB DDR3L RAM
1 TB at 5400 RPM
Intel HD graphics 5500
Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241 15.6 Inch Laptop Edges
The drawbacks however are not serious, but I wish there were improvement on these:
You won’t get a mac looking laptop, but it is still looking nice with some sorts of woodgrain textures on it. The edges of the laptop however, are noticeable if you touch them. So if you really want to have a smooth edged laptop, this Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241 is probably not your perfect choice, I am personally not bothered with this laptop’s noticeable edges.
Next is the hard drive, though it has 1 TB storage, but it runs on only 5400 RPM, not expecting a SSD but 7200 RPM would be much better.
Then, these are what I love about this Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241.
1. For the price, it is definitely a great laptop. I want to have a laptop that I can use to play games while I am on the way. At home, my desktop play my games, and while traveling, this laptop plays my games. Games I played are, Skyrim, Rocket Language, Diablo, Dota, Country Strike. Although it does not come with dedicated graphic cards, I could still play dota for 40-50 fps on low settings.
2. Better specs compared with the similar specs laptops, this comes with Intel core i5 and 8 GB of RAM. It runs fast, and can boot to your desktop in about 50-70 seconds. These days, at this price, most laptops come with an AMD processor, and to me, intel new processors are more reliable.
3. The 1 TB storage space is just awesome. I had a laptop that has 500GB storage, and was always not enough, so had to connect disconnect external hard drive for my photos and files. So, believe me, you will be happy with the huge storage space on this device.
4. Although it is not 1080p screen, the display is a truebrite spacious 15.6 inch 1366×768 diagonal widescreen HD screen has beautiful colors and ideal contrast, comfortable for the eye to browse, watch or playing games.
5. This Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241 seems to run very quiet, and it does not get very hot when you use it in a period of time simultaneously, the cooling technology seems to work pretty well.
6. Decent battery life, getting about 4-5 hours per full charge.
7. This Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241 also features DVD R/W, and other peripherals like 3xUSB and HDMI ports, even a Kensington security lock slot too.
I can say, I am impressed with all of those features that can fit into a portable device like Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241, so I wouldn’t look further if you want to have the new model of Intel i5 Processor (2015) model laptop with 8 GB of RAM for $400 (here even less) range price.
This Asus X555LA-SI50203H appears to be one of the best deals going for this money. With similar specs, include processors, and memory, I haven’t found any laptops that come close to this, have looked around.
I recommend this ASUS F555LA-AB31 – a Windows 10 new laptop, to anyone who looks for a laptop for daily usage. I said it, because there are a lot of people out there who bought things that they don’t really need.
This laptop has an i3 CPU, but it is more than adequate to perform your computer tasks. Check this model if you need an i7 with 1tb laptop.
My search for a new capable 15 inch range laptop is now over, I bought this ASUS F554LA-WS71 laptop a week ago, and I am happy with my purchase, here is why. This laptop is definitely not the best laptop nor has the perfect specs on the market, but it is well worth it fit my needs and for its price, it is very capable.
Equipped with the latest and fastest Intel i7 processor – i7-5500U broadwell, this ASUS F554LA is very powerful, yet it is energy efficient – Intel has 3 levels processors, lower to faster, i3, i5, and i7 (what this laptop has). For basic to moderate games, and rendering needs, this laptop is quite capable with its processor and Intel HD Graphics 5500 cards.
My older laptop, an AMD machine finally died, and found this Toshiba Satellite C55-C5240. I am an Architecture student, and need to run heavy programs like Autocad, Photoshop, and of course gaming sometimes. I also needed a laptop that has decent hard drive space, since each files I am working with is quite big.
Main reasons why I purchased this Acer Aspire ES1-512-P84G laptop are, this Acer Aspire has a 500 GB HDD, one port USB 3.0, bluetooth 4.0, and it has pentium quad core N3540 processor. It is not the fastest laptop you can get, but for under 250, it has enough hard drive space, and you can use MS Office on it, to me, it was better than getting Chromebooks with the same price.