Many of Asus f555la reviewers do mention that one of the con of this laptop is the hard drive, which is a 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, check out this post, if you want to get the similar model with a 1tb HDD.
Another affordable model, which is the k501lx, has even SSD already installed.
There was also someone who commented in the Asus x550za review post, asking if he could missed something in order to open the laptop panel.
So I recently found a good video tutorial on how to do this, and here are a few things you will need.
Things to prepare before replacing HDD
1. Small screw drivers
2. Your new Hard Drive, can be a SSD.
3. A soft cloth, in case you want to invert your laptop upside down.
A few things to be aware of:
1. You should be aware, opening your laptop won’t cancel the factory’s warranty. Do not follow this, if you are unsure, you want to do this on your own risk as many things can happen after the HDD swap.
2. Because everything you have on your computer does run inside the HDD, aside from the BIOS, you will need to backup your Windows OS license, and it is possible, you will need to get a new license.
I suggest you to create a “backup and restore point” and then create recover disk on your friend/family computer’s DVD drive.
Video how to do this with ASUS F55LA model
Switch off your laptop completely.
1. Open your back part of the panel carefully, and keep the screws in a safe place, recommended, save them in their position in order.
2. Separate the panels very carefully, with your hand, or use any old Credit Card, to open the laptop.
3. Detach the ribbons that connect keyboard plate from your laptop carefully.
4. Once you are done, you will see the hard drive, a cable and its screws.
Detach the cable that covers a part of your hard drive. Then remove the screws.
5. Swap your HDD with your SSD, and once you did it, put everything back on again.
From here, things can happen, but I do hope yours will work fine at the end, however, if not, you might need to read the manual.