I purchased this ASUS Zenbook UX305FA-ASM1 a week ago, and nothing is a major con about this laptop. If you read the specs, all speak for themselves, it runs fast and very responsive.
Prices changes everyday, got it best on this place.
After using this ux305fa-asm1 for a while, these are my thoughts.
The minor negatives
The RAM is soldered to motherboard, which means, not upgradeable.
And the Power button is located under the BackSpace key, so sometimes I hit the power button to make it sleep or shut down while I meant to hit the backspace key.
What I like about ux305fa-asm1
What people write is true, ASUS Zenbook UX305FA-ASM1 is classy and great built. The aluminum case feel durable and it has comfortable keyboard to type on.
1. Price. This 13 inch thin laptop comes with 8GB of RAM and a 256 SanDisk SSD. Before I decided on this, I checked and compared with Lenovo Yoga that has same RAM, SSD but with a touchscreen, but you will have to pay double price.
2. The 1080p FHD IPS screen. I am a hobby photographer and the screen of this Zenbook is just beautiful, I can view my photos without buying the expensive retina display from Apple.
The screen is quite bright, and what I love the most, UX305FA has a matte screen. It is not a touchscreen laptop, but because its matte, I can use my laptop outside or in the sun.
3. The 7-8 hours battery life. Because the CPU is the latest Intel Core 5Y10 CPU is a 5 watt processor, it has longer battery life than those which use Broadwell-U 15 watts CPU.
The processor is good to do skype, iTunes, watching 1080p video from YouTube, basic editing photos Microsoft Office programs, however, if you plan to do video editing, graphic work, and heavy gaming regularly, I would recommend a more power laptop like ROG gaming device. You’ll be impressed with boot up time, it boots up in approximately 9-10 seconds.
4. This UX305FA is a very lightweight 13 inch laptop. Compared with a 2014 MacBook Air 13 inch, this laptop is thinner and lighter surprisingly.
If you are used to 17 inch laptops be careful not to drop the laptop cos it also almost flew out of my hands in the first week I had it.
5. Super quiet, it’s a fanless laptop which has no fan, and came with 256GB SSD so you won’t hear any fan running nor hard drive spinning sound.
6. The keyboard isn’t a full size keyboard (no num pads) and is a not backlit keyboard, but it does have a nice feel when you type it, like typing on a full size keyboard. Smooth surface of the keyboard, and the keys are quiet when you type.
7. 3x USB 3.0 which are compatible to USB 2.0 while other laptops or ultrabooks have 2x USB 3.0 and 1x USB 2.0
8. This machine is built in Trusted Platform Module or TPM version 2.0 to enable you encrypting your drives with BitLocker in a more secure way.
9. ASUS included a USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter, that you can use to connect your laptop to a network physically. If you look around most laptop in this weight and size, won’t have ethernet adapter, so it’s a big bonus that ASUS included it.
This ASUS Zenbook UX305FA-ASM1 laptop does my computing tasks well, I really like it and paid around 700 bucks, check it today, found it less here.
Compared with Dell XPS and Lenovo Yoga, and decided on this. This ASUS Zenbook UX305FA-ASM1 has better price and value for a non touchscreen laptop.